About Me

My photo
"Me" enjoys getting lost in the wilderness, controlled falls down snow covered mountainsides and paddling around in small, narrow, open-topped boats. I like politics. Give me a box and I'll think outside of it. I also like liberty and individual responsibility. I think they're nice. I have a love of literature, especially the beat generation of the 1950s and the lost generation of 1920s. Sometimes I write.

Monday 16 July 2012

Ultralight?

Tomorrow I take the train up to the Arctic Circle with my brother to walk a 105 km section of the Kungsleden between Abisko and Nikkaluokta. The rucksack is packed and I'm ready to go and I'm quite pleased that I've managed to reduce my base weight down to a whisker off of 5.5 kg officially making me (almost) an ultralighter! The gear list can be found here.




Hopefully we'll be able to get up on to Kebnekaise Sydtoppen's 2106 meters above sea level.  Fingers crossed the weather vane allows it!

2 comments:

  1. I’ll be learning about some of the features as I go along. I hope that it eventually proves easier for you the reader to follow the postings and comments.
    Lightweight Lumber Tarps

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete