About Me

My photo
"Me" enjoys getting lost in the wilderness, controlled falls down snow covered mountainsides and paddling around in small, narrow, open-topped boats. I like politics. Give me a box and I'll think outside of it. I also like liberty and individual responsibility. I think they're nice. I have a love of literature, especially the beat generation of the 1950s and the lost generation of 1920s. Sometimes I write.

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Birch Quaich

Just looking at some birch kuksa carving and wondering if I could do the same thing with a two handled version, like a Scottish Quaich. Quaich's were used to pass around and drink whisky, and a silver or pewter quaich is quite a common wedding present.










Crafting a Classic Kuksa Cup

Kuksa of Oak Burl


First things first, I'll need to get some simple carving tools, Greenman Bushcraft looks like a good start.

http://www.greenmanbushcraft.co.uk/

And it may be best to start with a spoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment