About Me

My photo
"Me" enjoys getting lost in the wilderness, controlled falls down snow covered mountainsides and paddling around in small, narrow, open-topped boats. I like politics. Give me a box and I'll think outside of it. I also like liberty and individual responsibility. I think they're nice. I have a love of literature, especially the beat generation of the 1950s and the lost generation of 1920s. Sometimes I write.

Monday 27 June 2011

Over hill, and under Hilleberg















I was lucky enough to celebrate Midsummer in a cabin south of Stockholm and saw it as a fantastic opporunity to try out the as yet untested Akto, albeit in the garden. I had a wonderful nights sleep out, and even though it was a little chilly outside, the inside of the tent was very cosy in my Cumulus Quantum 200 bag. I kept all of the vents open, at both ends, as well as the wired door vent, and a touch of rain overnight didn't creep into the tent. The ventilation ensured though that I didn't have condensation issues which can prove problematic in any small tent.

In all I'm very happy with it, and as you can see there is enough room inside for two to sit up comfortably, (though not to sleep in, I should point out!) In green the tent is also somewhat stealthy and blends into it's surroundings quite nicely. This is a plus as I intend to use it on weekend walks around the city where clandestine pitches may be the order of the day (one has the right to camp in Sweden on private land, though not in the vicinity of houses. However if no-one can see me, I aint there!)

No comments:

Post a Comment